Friday, February 26, 2010

(Real) SNOW-CONES!

I hadn't had snowcones since I was a kid, when we used a snoopy snowcone maker to make them! On Valentines Day, I told the kids we were going to make a special surprise treat! (they're generally deprived of sugary stuff) But first we'd need some clean snow from an untouched snow bank-
Form snowballs into cups-
Next, mix cool-aid with the amount of sugar called for, but only use a small amount of water (1-2 cups, depending on how sweet you'd like your snowcones) Then spoon it over the snow-
They turned out REALLY GREAT :
The kids loved eating them!
They decided it would be best to use baby spoons to eat them-
Their tongues turned bright RED, which they thought was so funny!
We're normally not supposed to eat yellow snow!
Matt mixed lemon juice, and a little sugar and water and yellow food coloring, to make a couple of lemonade flavored snowcones, and they turned out delicious as well!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a fun idea. Lemon sounds better than kool-aid flavor to me.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'm sure the kids loved it. I've been enjoying reading your blog entries and seeing the pictures. I'm so glad the ring-swallowing incident turned out okay. I miss you Lenseignes!

Wes Dyer said...

What a fun treat! My kids would go NUTS over it =). You two make awesome parents!

Jacob's mole was not there since birth. I am not exactly sure when it appeared but it started to become less circular, the color was changing, and it was getting larger. The results came back normal but better safe than sorry.

Have a lovely night!