Saturday, September 4, 2010

SSSSnake!

Jake found a snake. (In our backyard)

When they told me this I was a little worried,
until they showed me...




In case you can't tell, it was really little! It's head was around the size of a clover leaf! Upon closer inspection, I could tell it was injured (most likely one of our cats was playing with it), so we took it back to the ditch and tried to hide it where our 2 cats wouldn't see it. When we checked later and it had slithered away already. The kids were really glad that it was still able to move around after being hurt.




I'm sure they will always remember the day there was a snake in our backyard!
(I'm just glad it wasn't a big one!)

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Don't think I would enjoy finding a snake in my back yard, even if it is tiny.

Lucinda said...

I wonder if it was poisonous? How scary!! Even if it was small!!

lenseigne said...

I'm pretty sure I remember learning that no snakes in Indiana are venomous. Some are poisonous to eat. But I'm not planning on ever eating a snake! I guess its a good thing the cat didn't eat the snake...

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Cool! :) And I love the pic of you and Matt on the side bar.