Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day to a dad who didn't sleep in this morning long enough to let anyone bring him breakfast in bed, but who instead decided to treat his whole family by making some delicious Danish Apple Oven Pancakes! .....and who even shared his huge King size Snickers bar with his 3 kids (and his wife) after treats were passed out at church to all the Dads .....and who also insisted on making dinner for us outside on the grill AND who even wanted to do the dishes after! Matt has been so cheerful and helpful lately. Thanks for all the good things you do for our family Matt! This T-shirt we gave him in the above photo says it all!
*
*
*
WesLee made a very simple, sweet card for his Dad. He did this without any suggestion from me. I think it makes it so special when kids think to do things like this on their own! Matt showed it to me after WesLee gave it to him. Wes is such a thoughful kid!


*
*
*
Here is "Daddy's Cup Cake"! I thought it was perfect for Faith to wear this shirt today! She really is such a little love muffin!

*
*
*
Jacob was feeling kinda lousy after church today, because his ear was hurting...Well, he told us he had stuck a shoelace in his ear during primary. I'm not sure if his ear was buggin him already and maybe that's why he thought to stick something in there, which he's never done before (as far as I know) or if his ear started hurting only after he had poked the shoelace in it? Either way, it's not a good thing. I really hope it improves by tomorrow, or I'll have to take him to a doctor. He did get some good cuddle time on the couch later with Daddy though.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Glenda!
I am so happy that you found me!! I was thinking about you last week...feeling so bad that we haven't talked for so long. I love you so much! I am so glad for blogs! Your babies are so adorable! I love Faith's beautiful hair! Your family is just precious. Love you tons!
Suzanne

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

Hey Glenda!! Good thing I check my email now and again, hu, lol! I'm so happy to get back in touch with you -- it's been so long and the kids are all growing so fast it's just unbelieveable. Your family is so cute and I loved looking through all the adorable pictures! I'm glad you guys are enjoying Indiana (is it???) and having a wonderful time. I added you guys to our blog so we can keep in touch better. Love you tons and miss you too .... M :)

Amber said...

Matt is an awesome Dad!! I am so happy that you were able to move to Indiana. It makes you have to rely on each other. It is great! I love it!

Suzanne said...

Hi Again!
I tagged you on my blog. Look at it for the directions. Have fun!