Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our first blog

I thought it would be a fun to have a family blog so all of our family and friends out there can get a little peek as to what we are up to now and then, and hopefully to get back in touch with people that we have lost touch with over the years. After we were married, we lived in AZ for about 6 years, and just last year we moved to Indiana. We have been awful at keeping in touch with everybody, and we want to try somehow to get back in touch and let you all know how much we love and miss you!
*
I hope I can figure this blogging thing out alright!
*
For any of you who we haven't been in touch with for a very long time, I should tell you that we (Glenda and Matthew) have 3 beautiful children: Jacob (6), WesLee (5), and Faith (3). We are so blessed to have these kids in our lives, they probably teach us more than we teach them. I have learned so much from being their mom. What great kids!
*
There are so many things about Indiana that we love! It is so beautiful here with the 4 seasons. After living in the desert most of my life, we were probably the only ones in our town who wished our snowy Indiana winter would last longer...but, each season has been so amazing. Seeing the leaves turn bright orange, yellow or red in the fall, seeing SO much green and so many beautiful flowers in the spring and summer. We live in a small town a little north of Indianapolis, sort of 'out in the country'.
*
I still get homesick for AZ after living there for more than 20 years, but there are lots of great people here too, and if we ever move again, I will miss these people too!
*
We've had our share of trials in life, but my hope is that our trials will only make us stronger in the long run. The other day when we were planting sunflower seeds, the wind became super strong and Jacob started to say he wanted to go inside because he didn't want to get blown over. It was really that strong! We were in the middle of planting the seeds, and I told him that if he can withstand the wind this time, he would get stronger and it would be easier for him to face the wind the next time. And that we would get beautiful flowers for facing the wind this time. He decided to stay and now we're waiting for our sunflowers to come up!

6 comments:

Linda said...

15 years ago,I bet you had no idea you would be saying things like "face the wind and you will get stronger".

Children make us grow more than anything in our lives.

Linda

Amber said...

I am so happy that you started a blog!! That is wonderful. You are an amazing mom. What a great lesson to teach your child at such a young age. I can't wait to see more!

Worthen World said...

I am soo glad you found me. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how much faith has grown. Your boys look exactly the same. I am sure that they are much bigger now though. That is awesome that Matt was so service oriented on Fathers Day!!

Michele Tyler said...

Glenda! I was looking at the Abbott's blog when I came across yours. The kids are all so big. I can't believe what a tall string bean Jacob is. We miss you guys and I hope its ok to link you on our blog. Please feel free to do the same. Let's keep in touch now and tell everyone "hi" for us.

Karski Family said...

I had no idea that you had a blog until you told me about it on Monday...It is such a good blog! I read the whole thing! You even had two pictures of Chloe!

Karski Family said...

I LOVE that you put pictures of Chloe on your page! I totally don't mind at all! I'm glad that Chloe and Faith have each other! Congrats on your new little boy! He is absolutely just as adorable as your other three!