Monday, September 15, 2008

Update-

Well, I have not done much blogging as of late and... I haven't done much of anything to be honest. I have had THE worst morning sickness for quite awhile. I will spare the details. I am feeling better than I was before, but still not great. This is totally different than any other pregnancy was. I did not know I could feel so sick for so long! Matt has taken over doing dishes and sorting the laundry because those smells are unbearable for me. Poor guy, this is the most of those chores he has ever done since I've known him. And we have been using lots of paper plates, plastic cups and spoons, etc... and he is doing most of the cooking lately...

He did have a small grease fire that got out of hand when I was resting upstairs. He now knows (and I'm sure he will never forget this) that a little baking soda will put that right out, rather than running to get the fire extinguisher and coming back to a much larger fire that chars the cabinets above the stove. I had a rude awakening by the smoke alarms. All I can say is, what an adventure! I'm just thankful that it wasn't any worse. Our next door neighbors were so kind, they just came right over and helped clean up that same night. I felt so bad because I was so sick I really couldn't help with it.

I am now 11-12 weeks pregnant. The kids are very exited and are always asking about their baby brother or sister... How big is the baby today? Is it a boy or a girl? Can I name the baby? Is there really a baby in there?... I'm glad they haven't asked any questions about how the baby got in there or about how the baby will get out!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, that is so nice of Matt to help out! Thank goodness the grease fire didn't get too out of control! I'm sorry that you are so sick! Hopefully it will be over soon! Love you Glenda!

Lisa Truman said...

I had lots of morning sickness when I was pregnant with Tayler! No fun! Hopefully it will go away within a couple weeks. :)

Amber said...

Sorry you are feeling so sick!!! And sorry about the kitchen. I am glad it wasn't any worse. That is great of Matt to help out so much!!

Linda said...

Did you realize that Marie is also pregnant? She is about 16 weeks.

I understand about the smells!!!

Matt will be happy that he helped. Maybe this is when he should teach the kids to do some dishes.

Personally, when I feel that bad, I go for cold meals that don't take any cooking. cold salads, sandiches, green salads, soups, etc. Also the crock pot is a good way to let Matt out of some cooking-if you can stand the smells of puting things into it.

Linda K

Sharla Jordan said...

Tell Matt he is an awesome hubby for stepping up to the plate and helping out so much.

Hope you feel better soon.