Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Fun!




For whatever reason,Valentines Day was highly anticipated in our house this year...

Or shall I say Valentine Season? There were numerous little parties and get-togethers leading up to the day.

I remember the excitement of Valentine's Day when I was in Elementary school, how I would carefully read all the cards to see which boys might be in love with me. (haha)

As far as I remember, we didn't have any rules back then about giving a Valentine to every student in class, and I remember how some kids who were less-liked didn't get very many, and I felt truly bad for them. This year the school sent home a reminder about this very topic, and both Jacob and WesLee said they wanted to give a Valentine to everyone because they wanted to be friends with everyone anyway. Thank goodness.

Faith remembered how we decorated by hanging hearts up last year and asked if she could help decorate this year, so we cut out hearts and she strung them together after I showed her how. (She said she was sewing them.)




Later that same day, we went to story time (which we do every Wednesday) and she was lucky to find out that they would be having stories in the igloo that was recently built out of milk jugs. Of course they celebrated Valentines at the library too with all sorts of treats and goodies.

Yay for Valentines!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Our girls loved the valentines that Faith sent! Glad that your honey is making every day Valentine's day and that teeth are coming out too!

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

so cute! Looks like you guys had a fun Valentines season. Love the pics of your kidos!