Friday, October 30, 2009

What's been going on in Faith's mouth...

Faith lost her very first tooth!



Believe me, this was a VERY BIG DEAL to her!

She had been waiting patiently for a long time for her little wiggly tooth to fall out...everyday she would talk about it excitedly.
She has been talking since then about how she needs to eat lots of vegetables and healthy foods to take care of her new tooth. Not that she didn't do a good job with her teeth already, she has never had any cavities. (I can't say the same for her brothers)
Also, (GROSS WARNING) the last time she was at the dentist, she got a ring from the vending machine with her token she earned there. Well just a little later after we came home, I went up to feed the baby and Jacob and WesLee burst in suddenly saying Faith had swallowed her ring. I was really worried because it was a C-shaped adjustable ring, and I didn't know if it might get hooked somewhere inside her and stuck. I didn't know if I should try to induce vomiting or even how to. After calling a toll-free nurse line and after the on-call family doctor called us back, the only thing to do by that time was wait and see if it came out. I had Faith use the little training potty we have so that I could check her poop easier for the ring. We were SO glad that it came out only 18 hours after she swallowed it, thanks to her extra effort in eating lots of salad and veggies which I had told her would help her. Gross, I know, but it really did help!
On a more pleasant note~ Preston got his first tooth the day before Faith's tooth fell out! Just a couple days later he got another one, and that whole time,he never once was fussy, I would never have guessed that he was teething, he was such a good, happy baby.

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

What a big girl! Cole is still waiting to lose his 1st tooth. Love the pic - she is so proud!!

Lorraine said...

Faith - congrats on the first lost tooth!