Thursday, June 10, 2010

AZ trip

Despite some unexpected 'bumps in the road' during our AZ trip, we're all back safe and sound, together at home. We were gone for only about 10 days, but it felt a lot longer!! Some pics from our trip:

Preston's first plane ride:




Watching the planes on the ground at the airport-



Swimming in the 100+ degree weather :




(Preston's first time in a real pool)



Another first was seeing Preston drink a bottle! It was so sweet to see Matt giving him the bottle! I had just recently began weaning him and if I was around he would refuse a bottle, because he thought he should just nurse, but at this particular time he didn't notice I was nearby:



I was so worried that Preston might have a hard time because he had never slept in a different bed before. We did have a couple rough nights, but finally realized he just sleeps better if no one shares a room with him, so Matt and I slept in the living room instead. I forgot one of his blankets one night at someone's house, so here he is sleeping with Jessica's baby blanket:




The kids got all excited about seeing pigeons in the parking lot (because they never see pigeons in Indiana) so we tossed out some crumbs to get them to come closer:





Another critter we don't see in Indiana, geckos, on Grandma's carport ceiling. I used to catch lots of these in this very spot when I was a kid:



Yet another desert critter... Grandma bought a scorpion sucker when we went to the Usery Pass Nature Center and the kids tried to trick everyone with it:



And this is the coyote dog that lives at Grandma's. She is one of the sweetest canines I have ever known. My mom let her live there after someone found her and brought her into the animal hospital I worked for 9 years ago. The kids felt very useful taking the dogs for walks.



She is only about 2 feet tall but she can jump the 6 foot fence, shown here behind Jacob and Faith playing in the water.



WesLee spent a lot of time with Aunt Lisa learning about piano playing:



Making homemade ice cream! SOOOOOO Yummy...











My dad bought us dinner at Pizza Mart which is where I had my very first job!





Playing the arcade games there-



a snapshot with my dad:



We took turns pretending to 'hunt for food' at the Bass Pro Shop, and the kids actually had a pretty good aim!








The kids had a great time with their cousins!!









The last hug Preston got before returning to Indiana... :)



It was so good to see so many great friends and family! Thank you for all the hospitality we recieved.

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

We had so much fun with you guys! We miss you already!

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Those 10 days went by way too fast!! All your kids are so sweet and we loved seeing you all! That's awesome your garden did so well while you were gone! Love you guys!