Thursday, June 10, 2010

HOW DID OUR GARDEN GROW?

The day before we flew to AZ I thinned the spinach and the lettuce and cilantro and used it to make our first homegrown salad!



I also reluctantly transplanted our tiny little tomato seedlings that we had started inside, wishing I had started them earlier and also that I could give them more time to get bigger before planting them outside.



I was a bit worried about leaving all the baby plants, but my neighbor said she'd water our plants if it didn't rain enough.

SO sweet of her...

Yet never did I expect to come back to this:




In just 10 days my cucumbers and squash went from this:



to this:




Some of the tomato plants have blossoms




as well as the jalepenos




and bell peppers





I can now use the onion shoots in recipes (while waiting for them to get big under the ground)



and we can have salad as much as we want instead of forking out 3 bucks at the store for a little bag of salad.



Here's the carrots Faith planted:




And I am so looking forward to when the basil gets bigger so I can make some Pesto like the kind my sister Lisa made...this basil was about a third of an inch when we left 10 days before!



We planted a few more things that I didn't take pictures of and are so much looking forward enjoying them!

I am just utterly amazed at what a little seed can become. God's creations are amazing!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is amazing!!! My garden is not doing very well. I think we have had way too much rain and clouds. I love the reward of a jolly rancher. I am adding it to my shopping list. YOur AZ trip looked like a lot of fun!