Friday, June 11, 2010

My Jolly little 'Ranchers'




How do I get my kiddos to be Jolly 'Ranchers' while helping in the garden?

Well, besides letting them help to put seeds in the ground and help with watering...

I found a great way to get them to help pull weeds! I asked Jacob, WesLee and Faith to come help me weed and I told them that whoever gets the biggest pile of weeds gets to have 3 Jolly Rancher candies. It might sound a little sad that they are so deprived of sugary stuff, but that really got them motivated to do a good job! I gave the others one at the end also. As a team we got most of the weeding done in 30minutes! (it was easy because the ground was nice and soft from rain the night before)

And another thing that's good about Jolly Rancher candy is that it lasts quite awhile so they can enjoy that little bit of candy for a very long time. Jacob was telling me how the same peice was in his mouth from 30 minutes before.

Now to make sure they brush their teeth really well!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful garden. I wish ours would grow like that. Looks like you had a good trip.