Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School!

Today the boys went back to school, and Faith had her very first day of Kindergarten! She is so happy to join her brothers. I couldn't stop myself from tearing up after she walked into the school. They have all grown so fast. My kids have grown faster than I ever imagined they would.

Here (!) are my 2nd and 3rd graders:



And now, my Kindergartener...



She was so excited, she couldn't stop dancing around when I was snapping her picture!



With barely a wave, off she went to greet Mrs Quimby...



I know she's going to love it and she's going to do SO great!


When we took Faith to Kindergarten registration a few months ago, they gave her a sunflower seed with a poem directing her to "plant this seed and watch it grow" and "when it's as tall as you, off to Kindergarten you will go!"




It grew very fast and she kept asking anxiously about it... when it was almost as tall as her, she asked if she would go to Kindergarten soon. I said yes, soon.




Not much later it was taller than her, so she figured Kindergarten might start the next day. Well she had to wait longer than she wanted, because it grew tall VERY fast. I told her it was because she took such good care of it! (which she did!)




So now a couple weeks after it bloomed she finally got to go off to Kindergarten. Boy was she happy!


3 comments:

Lucinda said...

How fun! But bittersweet too because they grow up too fast! Love the sunflower seed idea - it got so big!!

Amber said...

I can not believe how your kids have grown. They are so dang cute! I love all the pictures of Faith. Especially the last one.

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

That last picture of Faith is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out. The first day of school is always a tear jerker. They are growing up so fast!!!