Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SCRAPED KNEES

Preston scraped his knee for the first time a couple days ago.

It didn't even really bleed but I had such strong feelings when I saw it...

a sort of reminder that I can't always control whether bad things happen to my children. I wish it was in my ability to prevent them from ever getting hurt, but I know it is an essential part of life for them to experience pain and sadness and that they may have major trials in their lives at times.

And then came the peaceful reminder that healing is possible... that even if we aren't always able to heal from physical ailments, God will always heal our hearts and spirits, if we stay close to Him.

3 comments:

Lucinda said...

Love that post! It is sad to see your babies get hurt! It makes me understand Heavenly Father's point of view a little bit better now that I'm a parent.

Amber said...

I so know what you mean. And that is funny because I was going to write a blog about something really similar. I probably still will. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love that comparison!