Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ignorance is BLISS (sometimes!)

OK, so I've decided to learn more about what functions blogger has...the other day I learned how to do slideshows, for example. Well, today I was surprised to learn people can subscribe and get automatic feeds of my blog each time I post on my blog. I've only been blogging for less than 2 months, and even if only a few people ever check my blog, I really love that it serves as a sort of scrapbook/journal for me. And I love reading lots of other people's blogs, even if I don't know them that well.

I don't know how to find out who subscribes to my blog, but to tell the truth, I don't think I want to, because if I found out that hardly anybody subscribes, I know I'd feel a bit sad. At least I can comfort myself knowing there are people who view my blog who don't comment on it, perhaps they aren't computer savvy?... there are some people who email or call and mention something from my blog, and it feels nice to know they thought of me. Maybe I'm a bit insecure... but please don't pity me! (I know this post is probably sounding ridiculous.)

However, I got to thinking, does this mean if someone subscribes to my blog they'd be notified everytime I ever edit anything? Several times I have gone through my posts and edited things like mispellings or changed weird sounding phrases to sound better, or added in little details. So, I do wonder if anyone subscribing to my blog would be notified each time I made a little change here or there. That would probably bug them to get that many notifications. I wonder if they can see what times I made a change? That's a little embarrassing if I was doing that in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep or something. Maybe it would be best if I never found out!

I'm done with my silly rambling :)

I don't think I want to become any more computer knowledgeable than I already am, for now. For me, in this case, ingnorance is bliss!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, good I'm not the only one who thinks about all those kind of things.
Just know I love your blog!! And so do many many others who are too chicken to comment =)

Linda said...

Just so you know; I check your blog at least a few times a week. You are one of the few cousins that I can find that has one.

Linda K

Lucinda said...

Hey girl! I was worried about that too, but no, it doesn't email everyone every time you edit your post. I tried it out myself and my sister in law did too, so don't worry! Add me to the email list -k-? Then I'll know when to check your blog! :)

Lucinda said...

I was just reading the Blogger newsletter (the one you see when you log in) and it looks like they're going to have a way for us to see who's following our blogs pretty soon. Check it out! Also there's a way to make a list of people's emails that it will send them the post when you publish. And no, it won't send them a separate email if you edit the post, etc. Let me know if you want to learn how to do that -k- (and put me on the list please?).