Friday, May 22, 2009

Showered with love!

My friend at church, Amy, wanted to throw me a baby shower, but I told her that I really didn't NEED one, because I already have 2 boys and lots of baby stuff. Well, I thought that just her offering to plan a shower was sweet enough, she is such a sweet person, but she wouldn't take no for an answer, she is so sneaky, she threw me a "quiet shower". I had never heard of that idea before! I was so surprised when she had come to my house one weekend to bring me a meal, then she went outside saying she'd be right back, and she came back carrying a beautiful cake, which was made by another friend at church, who is also named Amy. I thought "oh that's so nice, it's dessert to go along with the meal!" But then she goes outside again and comes back with another friend, Nikki, both with their arms full of presents saying they decided to bring the baby shower to me! SO sweet! All the gifts were so wonderful, it was so unexpected, and I felt so loved! I am so thankful to all those sweet gals who pitched in and spoiled me with gifts for Preston.

I took a picture of the cake with my phone camera, before we devoured it. My regular camera's batteries were dead. The only problem is I can't figure out how to get pictures off my phone yet! The cake was SO pretty and yummy, I felt bad cutting it up! Amy G. is a professional cakemaker. Whenever I figure my phone camera out then I'll put the picture on this post.


Also, here's a picture (taken with my regular camera) of Preston on this beautiful blanket that Amy S. made. She embroidered his name, date and time of birth, and his birth weight and length on it. You can at least see his name in the picture. I absolutely love this blanket!



I defineatly felt showered with love! Thank-you!

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

That is so sweet of your friends to do that! Wish I could have been there! It's so nice to have some new stuff for a new baby, huh? I'm glad your friends are taking good care of you since I'm not there! :)