Saturday, May 23, 2009

We found more kittens!







Today, I was at the park sitting in my truck and this beautiful black cat came over and started meowing and she hopped up in! I held her up and noticed that she was obviously a nursing mama. I glanced around but couldn't see any kittens in sight. After awhile, she came back with a cute little black kitten. I didn't know what to do! It was like she was asking for help. I got out of the truck and she actually led me way over to this spot under a tree that was surrounded by vines on the ground where all her kittens were hiding. She meowed and her kittens started coming out! 5 in all. I made sure there were no more around and looked to see how many teets were lactating, it was 5. We have taken in cat litters before and I couldn't just leave them there. I carried them back to the truck and she got in and we drove home. She is such a calm cat, she wasn't even scared to be in a moving vehicle.

The kids were so thrilled when I brought them home! And all the kittens are calm when being held. I wonder if someone dropped them off at the park, because they don't seem like feral cats. I'm keeping them in a bathroom and they are all using the litter box and eating dry food. So, like the other times we had kittens, we will try to find homes for them.


UPDATE: As of May 26, all the kittens are in new homes; now to try to find a home for the mama cat after her spay next Tuesday.

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

Cute kitties! That's cool that the mama was asking for help! Glad you were able to be there and help that little cat fam. You are so nice!

Lisa Truman said...

That cat couldn't have found a better person to take care of her and her babies. It's adorable that she asked you for help. :) I still remember when your dog had puppies! You are such a good animal mommy!