Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Harvest

I love the seasons here in Indiana, it is just so beautiful. This summer we had maybe 2 or 3 days that it got over 90 degrees. Now it is autumn, and the fall colors are SO pretty! Our little maple tree in the front of our house has turned bright orange-red. Last fall when it was planted, it had no leaves, so we didn't know what color it would turn out to be. I love it:


Everywhere we go, there are so many huge, colorful trees. I wonder how long it will take for our little tree to grow that big or if we will still be here that far down the road? Here are some pictures I took on the way to the store the other day, a little glimpse of how colorful it is around here lately:




The kids got a kick out of watching this tractor harvesting the soybeans from the field behind our house:


Also, I know it's not winter yet, but we did already have a little snow one morning! It was just enough that the rooftops looked like they'd been sprinkled with powdered sugar, but it melted later that morning, and I didn't get a picture of it. Oh well, I know there should be plenty more to come soon enough!

3 comments:

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Hey Matt & Glenda!!! I haven't checked your blog in forever - you guys are having way too much fun! I'll have to remember to check this more often. That is so awesome you get to experience the 4 seasons there! Living in AZ most of my life, it's hard to imagine that Mother Nature can really paint those colors all by herself.
I'm so glad you're feeling better Glenda! I'm sure that has been a huge relief for you. (and for Matt :))
I love all the pics of your kids! I swear they have some of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen. It must be a Wagenman thing :). I can't believe how big Faith is. And I love her curls - SO cute! JoLynn's curly hair has turned into more of a wave now that it's longer. I hope Faith gets to keep hers. Anyways, sorry this turned into a novel. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love ya!

Lucinda said...

Wow! It is so beautiful there! Maybe I'll be able to come visit sometime. I am so excited to see you guys next week! I have WesLee's present for him too. See you soon! Love, Lucinda :)

Michele Tyler said...

TAG your it! Check out my blog to see what to do.

Glenda, what beautiful scenery you have to view every day! I am so jealous. I hope you have the very best Holiday Season this year!