Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jacob is SEVEN!


Jacob, my first little baby... you are growing up way too fast for me, I miss when you were so little and I could just hold you! When you were born I literally could not sleep for days, because I just couldn't stop holding you and looking at you (and that was after being up for almost 24 hours already, since I couldn't sleep during labor and delivery, of course). You have always amazed me.


I miss those days when you were my baby, but I know there will be many more wonderful days to come.

You have given me the awesome joy of watching you, my firstborn, learn to do so many things... from seeing your first smile, seeing you learn to walk alone (at only 7 1/2 months old!) ...to seeing you now, how fast you can run, seeing how happy and proud you were to win the race at school and get that t-shirt for being the fastest boy in first grade!

You have always made us laugh and smile...




...I remember you giving me that little rose you picked on our porch, and when you saw how much I loved it you went back to get all of them!
I treasured and kept some of them for years until they eventually completely crumbled. I knew from then that you possessed a very sharing heart.

You even used to share with your stuffed animals!

I am so glad you came into my life, and I have learned so much from being your mom. You were a blessing straight from heaven. Your birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year, and I am indeed very thankful for you, Jacob.

***

Many people probably know that Jacob and Wes are the same age for about a month out of each year, since they were born only 11 months apart. WesLee's birthday is at the beginning of November and Jacob's is at the end of November. They both have alot of fun being the same age for that month; they like to call themselves twins! Well, this year, we were all ready to have a combined birthday party for them, and they were so excited to have friends over. We had everything set, but the day before the party, Jacob came down with a very sudden case of Scarlet Fever. Yes, you read that right- Scarlet Fever! We didn't know it before, but he had strep throat (he doesn't complain much). Then it caused a sudden high fever with a red rash on his face, chest and back. He recovered quickly, but he lost alot of weight those first couple of days, because he had no appetite. So now I'm trying to fatten him up! Everyone was bummed that we had to cancel the party, but some people still brought presents anyway, which cheered the boys up. It didn't work out to reschedule the party with Thanksgiving coming up, because we'd be gone to AZ for a week anyway. But we did celebrate their birthdays here at home, before we went to AZ, and while we were there, they unexpectedly received even more gifts! Lucky kiddos!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe he walked at 7 1/2 months!!! I guess it is no surprise that he is the fastest kid in 1st grade. What a sweet boy you have! Sorry to hear that he was so sick!!! At least they got a lot of fun presents.

Michele Tyler said...

It was such a joy having sweet Jacob in Sunbeams with us. We hold all those children close to our hearts because it was our first time teaching Primary together. We have so many great memories of them. I can't believe how quickly the time flies by. He is one of our favorites. Tell him we say "HI!". He probably won't remember us. But we will never forget him. Miss seeing you guys at church. Glad all is well with you and your family.