Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New baby effect

It's interesting to see the effect a new baby has on older siblings...Jacob has been very protective and soft-hearted to his new baby brother, and wants to help with things like changing diapers and dressing the baby (THAT surprised me).

WesLee has also been very good and sweet around the baby. He jokes around and acts silly for Preston, but I can tell he's is a little disappointed that Preston can't do more things, like play and talk and walk, or at least crawl. He didn't realize how long it takes for babies to learn those things.

Faith dotes on her baby brother and is proud to finally be a big sister. But she has been moved out of her position as baby of the family, which I know must be very hard in some ways. She hasn't gotten as much attention as before. It must seem to her that I am always with Preston. This early, it seems like that to me sometimes too. I have realized I need to specifically make special time just for her more often.

We'll figure it all out yet! In the meantime, we are enjoying these special first days with Preston.



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful pictures. He is a handsome little fellow!

Amber said...

Sweet pictures! You are an amazing mother and example to me!